If you are looking for new windows, it can be hard to know when it’s time to replace them. Here are a few reasons why you may want to have the windows on your home updated.
- Noise blocking – replacement windows are going to be better at the art of blocking out noises from outside. They are also equally as good as keeping noise from your own home from bothering your neighbors.
- Upgrade from single pane – If you live in an older home, then it is likely that you have windows made of single pane glass. These older window types are very inefficient when it comes to keeping heat or air conditioning inside.
- Preserve and prevent your belongings from fading – If you have noticed that you have furniture or paintings near windows that are looking faded and worn down after a short period of time, it could be time to update your windows. More modern windows will have double or triple panes, and some even have tinting built in to help protect and extend the life of your personal belongings in your home.
- Eliminate the need to constantly install and remove storm windows – if you live in an area that is at risk of exposure to stores such as hurricanes, tornados, or even major hail storms, then you likely have experienced the work it takes to install and remove storm windows every year. By updating the windows on your home, you can potentially save yourself the hassle of having to deal with additional storm window installation and removal every year
- prevent leaks into your home – as homes age, sometimes the seals around the windows will degrade and begin to allow moisture into the home. These leaks can be so small that they will go unnoticed until they have already started to cause damage to the wood or materials surrounding the windows. This can also be a source of mold and mildew that can grow in small unnoticed places and create costly damage to your home.
- Aesthetics – Old windows may not just affect the function of your home, but also the appearance. Perhaps outdated windows are cramping your style and you want to update the look of your home. New windows are a great way to do that as they can create a new visual for your home not only on the outside, but on the inside of your home as well.
- safety (lock and close correctly) – Having updated windows can also be an important safely feature of your home. If you windows do not lock properly, or if they will not easily open in case of an emergency, then new windows can help to ensure that your home is a safer place for your family to live.
- Easier to clean – Most new windows are much easier to clean, no matter where their location is on your home. Older windows are designed so that they must be cleaned from the outside, but many newer designs are able to be tilted into your home and cleaned from inside.
- prevent rotting – If you are experiencing any leaking through the seals, or if you notice any moisture building up in between the panes of your window, then you should look into replacing your windows to prevent further wood rot.