It is an unfortunate fact of life that things break down over time and eventually need to be replaced. This happens with your car, with your home, even with your body. However, never is it more true than with electronics. Sometimes, companies even design their electronics to break down over time, so consumers have to purchase new ones every few years. Or, some companies will make sure that products that worked with their old model won’t work with their new model. The best example of this is cell phones. Every time a company releases a new cell phone, they make sure that your old charger and battery won’t work with it, so you are forced to buy new ones. However, there are actually good reasons why you should buy new electronics from time to time. This is especially true when it comes to turntables. Over the last few years, vinyl records have made a comeback, as have the electronics that play them, primarily turntables. Rather than dusting off your old turntable and seeing if it works, here are ten reasons to simply replace it with a new Rega turntable.
1. Broken. The most obvious reason to replace your old turntable is that it simply won’t work. Obviously, if your old one is broken and you still want to listen to your records, then you’ll need to purchase a new turntable. Rega turntables are a great option because of their high quality.
2. Sound quality. Another great reason to purchase new turntables is the sound quality you’ll get out of them. Technology improves, and the truth of the matter is that new turntables will produce a much higher quality of sound than your old turntable.
3. Integration. As with the example of the phones explained above, many of the old turntables aren’t compatible with today’s speakers. To ensure that you can integrate your entire sound system effectively, you’ll need to purchase new turntables.
4. Out-dated. This is similar to the issue outlined above. Old turntables might not even be able to play new records of various sizes.
5. Lower noise. Newer turntables are great because they make less noise when the record spins, allowing you to focus on the music.
6. Deeper bass. Newer turntables are able to provide a deeper bass, which makes for a better listening experience.
7. Better materials. Turntables made today are made out of better materials, which means they are less likely to deteriorate over time.
8. Higher quality. The higher quality products of today’s turntables ensure that they will function better. Thus, you won’t have to worry as much about a record skipping.
9. Protect your records. Newer turntables are designed to not damage your records.
10. Durability. Finally, newer turntables, because of their higher quality materials, will last longer, saving you money down the road.
VPI turntables are also a great option if you need to purchase new turntables. Before buying your new turntables, make sure you purchase them from a great company. SoundStage Direct, www.soundstagedirect.com, is one such company, and they offer an incredible selection at competitive prices. Check out their website to learn more about them.