Your bedroom is meant to be your haven, a place where you lie down at the end of a long day and let your worries drift away. Hence, keeping your bedroom clean should be one of the most important cleaning priorities in your home. You spend at least eight hours a day in this room sleeping, getting dressed and relaxing.
So if your bedroom has dusty ceilings, soiled carpets and unchanged beddings, then you are creating a breeding ground for dust mites. This may create all kinds of health problems for you, including allergies and bronchitis. You may also tend to turn your rooms turn into storage areas where you dare not let anyone enter because of its mess.
Thus, it is important for you to learn how to clean your room efficiently and easily.
First, gather all the cleaning tools and materials you need such as broom, vacuum with attachment, boxes, containers, mop, tile cleaning tools, dust mop and cloths, mild cleansers, laundry products, mirror cleaner and window cleaner.
As a standard rule, when cleaning any room, you always want to start from the top. For instance, if you clean the ceiling fan, and dust falls on a table, then you can clean the table, and the dust will fall on the floor. When you vacuum the floor, the dust is gone. So never make the mistake of vacuuming a room and saving the ceiling fan for last.
Below are some easy steps in cleaning your bedroom.
- Grab all the cleaning tools need as mentioned above.
- Collect all dirty clothing and put in a container.
- Gather all clean clothes. Refold or re-hang them properly.
- Take down draperies and curtains to wash or have cleaned according to the directions.
- Dust down ceilings, corners, and windows of the room. Include upholstery cleaning, too.
- Put all trashes in the trash can.
- Pick up and arrange all misplaced items on the floor, desk, and bed.
- Dust down and clean all furniture, fixtures and appliances. These include all accent lamps, ceiling fans, dressers, chests and nightstands.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum. Make sure you do some carpet cleaning, too.
- Make the bed.
It is advised that you either do the closets first or save them for last. Do not attempt to get started decluttering in the middle of cleaning the room. You will definitely get distracted and end up with nothing done.
If you have a few minutes and energy after vacuuming and making the bed, check your containers or baskets and place the items in it in their proper areas. Do not let yourself leave the miscellaneous baskets unattended for too long. This will make the contents pile up, spill over, and lead to more mess.
You should also get rid of anything perishable that has already perished. Get a trash bag and throw out or donate anything that does not seem to be of use to you. Ditch old magazines, books, clothes, and other unnecessary fixtures. Do not just simply move them from one spot to another because this will result in more clutter.
Lastly, do not allow yourself become distracted by the things you are putting away. You might find a photo album you have not seen in a long time. Do not get your time consumed by looking at it while you are cleaning. Put it aside, you may make it a part of the reward you will give yourself after you have finished cleaning.